Thursday 21 May 2009

I should not have lost hope...

... there is now some doubt that it was suicide. It is beginning to look just possible that it was a freak accident.
Two days ago, I would have been horrified to hear of a freak accident. Now I'm desperately hoping there was one. The strangest feeling. That the mother will be relieved if a gruesome fatal accident took away her youngest child. Pray for her, Genevieve, in a turmoil of feelings not to be imagined, crashing and bumping over the ruts to Lethem with her dead boy to a non-definitive autopsy. Pray that the rains will hold off for the return journey, because decomposition is quick here, and there are no cold vans, no hearses, no dignifying paraphernalia. I am sorry to be graphic, but somehow I want us to try, to at least offer, to share her pain. What else can we do?

1 comment:

  1. as little as it can do please let her know that my thoughts and prayers are with her.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete